What does homecare with Care2Connect look like?
Every care company will say they offer a quality service but as we all know quality is an overused word and is very hard to define. We leave the decision on quality up to the CQC, instead focusing on delivering a positive homecare experience that you would recommend. We believe a positive care experience comes from:
- The right people – Friendly, knowledgeable, experienced and of course appropriately trained care workers are important. But empathy is a natural characteristic that we look for in all our employees. It’s not a job; it is a vocation or a calling. We only recruit care workers that have, and can demonstrate, a truly caring approach. We then aim to build small, effective teams to ensure familiarity and continuity of care. In the case of Dementia care the same faces are a hugely important factor in a delivering a positive experience.
- Rapid assessment and planning with regular review – Determining what a care package looks like and how it is delivered is not a one-off activity. As standard, we review all our care packages after 6 weeks and then annually thereafter. We invite regular feedback to ensure the care continues to provide the correct level of support and if circumstances or needs change, we adapt. Our managers also carry out frequent monitoring and spot checks to ensure the care continues to meet our high standards.
- Communication and feedback – We actively encourage feedback and also offer regular updates for family members, keen to know their loved one is safe and sound. We proactively raise any concerns in a timely fashion and respond to any calls or emails from you regarding the care we provide. Any questions, complaints or concerns will be handled with sensitivity and in line with our policies and procedures, which exist to protect everyone.
- Care enabling systems – Our care focused IT systems ensure everyone involved in the delivery and receipt of care has a clear picture of the care package. Our teams use the system to plan visits and make relevant notes during each call on the clients record, which can then be viewed and responded to by families using the app. It provides an incredibly valuable two-way communication tool between us, the client and their loved ones and allows us to share important information, care updates and additional requests quickly and easily.
- Close working relationships – We pride ourselves on establishing and maintaining close working relationships with any professionals associated with the delivery of care. Whether councils, physios, community nursing teams, GPs, OTs or pharmacists we know contact with this network enables rapid decision making and avoids clients being ‘pinged back and forth’.
Delivering a positive care experience is the minimum you should expect from us. But we know it is that little bit of extra help and support that makes the difference, so you can rely upon us to go the extra mile where and when necessary.